Windows 11 Apps Fail to Connect to the Internet? Here’s What You Can Do
Droidcops.COM – Windows 11 has a lot of applications that will improve the performance of several features. However, some of these applications can experience problems if they cannot connect to the internet network.
From some cases, most of these problems occur after changing the Network Adapter. This can also happen after a driver update. Whatever the case, here are a few ways you can fix apps on Windows 11 that won’t connect to the internet.
Turn off Windows Firewall
If you use a third-party firewall application, this may prevent other applications from connecting to the internet. To solve this problem, turn off the program and use Microsoft Defender. Here are the steps:
- Open Windows Defender Firewall, by searching from Windows search.
- In the left pane select, Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- On a Public or Private network, turn off Windows Defender. Complete the process by pressing the OK button.
- Close the settings window and restart the computer.
Run Windows Store Troubleshooter
Currently, running the Windows Store Troubleshooter can clear up some common bugs. This also includes errors that occur due to updates or changes to the Network Adapter.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Search for System and open it.
- In the right pane, select Troubleshoot.
- Then click Other Troubleshooters.
- Look for Windows Store Apps and click Run.
Wait a while for Windows to identify and fix any problems it finds. Restart the computer and see if the application can connect to the internet or not.
If the problem persists, you can run Internet Troubleshooter. To do so, click on the Internet Connections window on the Troubleshooter page as above. Then run the troubleshooter, which will try to diagnose and fix internet network problems.
Reset Windows Sockets
In some cases, resetting Windows Sockets can also help applications reconnect to the internet. To do this, follow these steps:
- Type CMD in the search field Windows.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- In the next window, type the following command: netsh winsock reset, and wait for the process to finish then restart the computer.
Clear Storage Cache
Clearing the storage cache can also be a solution needed so that the application can reconnect to the internet.
- Press Windows+R to open RUN.
- In the dialog box, type wsreset and click Enter.
- Wait for the process to finish and see if the application can be reconnected or not.
Run Network Reset
If all of the above still fail, do a network reset to give the network a fresh start. This will uninstall all network drivers and reinstall them with default settings.
- Open Settings and select Network and Internet. Then click Advanced Network Settings.
- Click Network Reset.
- Select Reset Now and complete the process by pressing the Yes button.